Rev. Paul C. Jong
Table of Contents
The Analysis of the Apostles’ Creed
Confession of Faith in God the Father
1. God the Father
2. God’s Name
3. The Apostles’ Creed and Its Blessings of Faith
4. Who Are the Apostles?
5. Qualifications and Duties of the Apostles
6. Do Jews Believe in God as the Father of Creation?
7. “I believe in …” (John 1:12-13)
Confession of Faith in God the Son
1. Jesus Christ
2. Sermon on the Holy Son 1: Who Is Jesus Christ?
3. Sermon on the Holy Son 2: What Do the Old Testament’s Laying on of Hands and the New Testament’s Baptism Mean?
4. Sermon on the Holy Son 3: Why Did Christ Die Vicariously for Many?
5. Sermon on the Holy Son 4: We Must Firmly Believe in the Resurrection of Jesus
6. Sermon on the Holy Son 5: The Proof That Jesus Ascended to Heaven
7. Sermon on the Holy Son 6: The Lord Will Return as the Lord of Judgment
8. Sermon on the Holy Son 7: Who Will Be Subjected to Judgment?
9. Sermon on the Holy Son 8: What Is the Faith That God Declares to Be Great?
10. Sermon on the Holy Son 9: What Is the Gift That Moses Commanded as a Testimony?
11. Sermon on the Holy Son 10: The Baptism of Jesus and the Remission of Sins
Confession of Faith in the Holy Spirit
1. The Triune God
2. God the Holy Spirit
3. What God the Holy Spirit Does
4. How Can We Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?
5. Who Is the Holy Spirit?
6. What Are the Main Works of the Holy Spirit?
7. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 1: How Can We Receive the Holy Spirit?
8. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 2: “Did You Receive the Holy Spirit When You Believed?”
9. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 3: The Essential Qualification to Be the Apostles
10. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 4: When Does the Holy Spirit Come?
11. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 5: The Ministries of the Holy Spirit
12. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 6: Then You Shall Receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit
13. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 7: The Holy Spirit Fell upon the Gentiles
14. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 8: Test the Spirits to See Whether They Are from God
15. Sermon on the Holy Spirit 9: The Spirit-filled Life
16. The Faith in the Word of God Leads Us to the Spirit-filled Life
17. Faith in the Holy Catholic Church
18. Faith in the Communion of Saints
19. Faith in the Forgiveness of Sins (1 John 1:9)
20. Faith in the Resurrection of the Body
21. Faith in the Everlasting Life
For those of us who believe in God, the faith and beliefs of the Apostles provide us with important spiritual lessons. Their faith becomes a cherished treasure in our hearts, for they believed in the gospel that holds the righteousness of God. Therefore, we all need to have such faith urgently. Anyone who believes in Jesus must know the righteousness of God and believe in it, and he must spread it throughout the world, for only then can all others also come to know this righteousness and believe in it. And through the Word of God, all sinners must learn about His righteousness. And they must believe, for this is how they can take the righteousness of God by faith. Without the faith that allows one to attain God's righteousness from His Word, no one can accept the Lord as his Savior. We must now return to the true faith that knows and believes in the righteousness of God, for only those who believe in this righteousness of God can become His royal priests. The royal priests here refer to those who have received the remission of their sins by believing in God's righteousness. We can become true believers who have this true faith only by believing in God's righteousness and becoming His righteous people. It is more than possible for all of us to have the same faith that the Apostles had.